Favor the Kind | Careers
Retail Sales Manager | Favor the Kind | Houston
Favor The Kind is seeking a Captain for our store in Houston, TX. The Captain position is an entry-level manager opportunity, at our Houston Heights location, reporting to the Store Chief. This position is responsible to assist the Store Chief in guiding the whole store team toward ensuring an outstanding customer experience, through “Circle of Friends” selling. The Captain oversees all aspects of the customer experience and manages at least one lead role in the store. Captains work 3 Saturdays/month and at least 1 Sunday. This is a full-time salaried position, with a 42-45 hour/week work schedule, and is eligible for a robust and competitive compensation package including, health care benefits, 10 paid vacation days, 5 paid personal days, 6 paid holidays, and a generous merchandise discount.
Job responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the ultimate “Circle of Friends” experience for every customer
- Achieving monthly sales goals by driving business daily in the store
- Assisting the Store Chief with store performance and all store operations
- Upholding all “Circle of Friends”, visual and operations standards
- Managing at least one “lead” role including, visuals, operations, styling, or event planning
- Being a role model is protection of company resources, and assets
- Managing communication with customers and between company departments
- with professionalism and efficiency
- Managing projects on Basecamp
- 1-2 years of management in a retail setting, preferably in a clothing or home and gift store or boutique.
- Knowledge of Lightspeed, Homebase and Basecamp a plus!
- How to apply:
If you think this role might be a good fit, we would love to hear from you!
Please email your resume along with a cover letter to LeeAnn: Click here to email. Include the name of the job you are applying for and the location.
Crowd Pleaser | Favor the Kind | Houston
At Favor the Kind, a Crowd Pleaser is a part-time salesperson. We have big expectations for our Crowd Pleasers, as they have the most critical job in the company: to create joy for our customers!
Job responsibilities include:
- Building relationships with customers
- Treating customers like guests at a party
- Finding opportunities to sell product
- Learning and understanding our product selection
- Styling looks for customers
- Helping customers find the perfect gift
- Upkeeping the store’s visual and cleaning standards
- Crowd Pleasers can work from 8-29 hours a week. They must be available to work 3 Saturdays and 3 Sundays a month.
An effective Crowd Pleaser:
- is outgoing and personable
- possesses a sunny-side up disposition
- is reliable and responsible
- is professional and respectful
- is a quick learner
- is able to work on their feet for 8 hours
- has a keen awareness of surroundings
- is servant hearted and willing to go the extra mile
How to apply:
If the above describes you, then you could be our next Crowd Pleaser! If you have proven retail experience, additional pay will take your work history into consideration.
To be considered for this position:
1) Go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CrowdPleaser
Please answer the questions to the best of your abilities.
2) Then, please email your resume along with a cover letter to LeeAnn: Click here to email. The subject line should read “Crowd Pleaser Application.” We will respond after both steps are completed.
After the store has received your application and resume, then the Store Chief (store manager) will reach out to you within 5 days to schedule a 2-hour working interview. Feel free to follow up if you haven’t heard from us.